Monday, October 11, 2010

Has it been 9 days?

It has been nine days since I blogged, though it hasn't been 9 days since I thought about God! I have to admit, however, that for some reason in the last week or so I haven't had Him foremost in my mind as I might. My prayer life tends to be more of an ongoing conversation than anything else and I think I've been too busy for conversations.

This is not me:

"Oh Lord, I lift up my [important person] to you. I ask that You bless him/her in his/her struggles and allow me the wisdom to know how to help him/her. I ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen."

This is me:

"Okay, God, what am I supposed to do about this one?"

Church this Sunday was uplifting, as usual. The gospel was the healing of the ten lepers; the Samaritan was the only one who said "thanks." Rude, huh? But not surprising. I bet only 10% of people write thank-you notes.

Adult forum was on the Sabbath. It's going to be a three-part thing: 1) Introduction 2) Jewish teaching 3) Christian interpretation. What I took from it was that Rest = Good; so I read Harry Potter 7 for a while and then slept the rest of the afternoon, thus ignoring the three-day pile of dirty pots and pans in the kitchen.