My entries, on the other hand, are off-the-cuff, possibly flaky, and rather shallow. Part of me wants to apologize for that, but part of me knows that's not necessary. First, it's my blog and I can write it however I choose to. Second, these two last years--these broken, painful years--I kept thinking of this verse:
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3
I am sure there are scholarly ways to interpret this verse, but for me, it meant this: Start over. Start again. Forget the politics and the corruption of your church's hierarchy; forget the philosophical debates within and among denominations; forget the fact that some self-avowed Christians are the most hateful people on earth; forget your agony over the fact that you will never know the whole story until I show you, which will not be until heaven. Be a little child. Be my child, in my arms. Rest there, like a baby on her father's chest, for I'm your father. Start again, my little one. It's okay to rest.
So I have started again. I'm resting. Dear Lord, I have needed to rest.
And if being a little child means my blog entries seem shallow, or halting, or confusing, or barely coherent, that's okay. I'll get there.